DRP has a recovery-focused approach, and we will help you to be safer if you are using drugs. This approach supports you to develop skills and behaviours to:
- Achieve and maintain positive changes in your drug use
- Promote long term benefits to your health and wellbeing
- Promote your long term recovery
Following an initial assessment, we will work with you to develop a health and wellbeing plan. The plan will be based on your needs and goals and may include:
- Brief advice or regular one-to-one sessions with a specialist drug worker
- One-to-one keyworking to support positive changes in your health and wellbeing.
- Harm reduction advice and health screening
- Opiate substitute prescribing (e.g. methadone or buprenorphine)
- Access to inpatient detoxification
- Access to residential rehabilitation
- Signposting and liaising with other support services to help sort out benefits, housing or debt issues
- Signposting to other health and social services to support your health and wellbeing
- Access to recovery-focused activities
- Access to group support
- Employment support
- Peer mentoring
To reduce the sharing of needles, syringes and other drug-taking equipment, Derbyshire Recovery Partnership offers specialist needle exchange services from all of our main sites.
Specialist needle exchanges provide sterile injecting equipment and offer a range of information and advice about injecting practice (including injecting performance-enhancing drugs).
The needle exchange programme is open to anyone who wishes to access health advice, information, or safe injecting equipment (including safe storage boxes) without the need to access the service.
DRP can also help with access to specialist Health Improvement Nurses who can support with the impact of drug use on your health, and support with co-ordinating your care with other agencies;
Vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, and seasonal flu;
Testing for blood borne Infections including Hepatitis C and HIV, and referrals into treatment where required;
Ongoing general health monitoring, including blood pressure, pulse, healthy eating and lifestyle advice, and Electrocardiogram advice, information, or safe injecting equipment (including safe storage boxes) without the need to access the service.